- 200ml/7fl oz carton of coconut cream
- 1 heaped tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 tsp light muscovado sugar
- ½lime, juice only
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce or light soy sauce
- 800g/1¾lb lean pork (fillets are particularly tender or you could use pork steaks or thick boneless chops)
- 3 medium red onions, cut into 12-18 wedges
- 3limes, cut into 12 wedges
- Mix together the coconut cream, curry paste, sugar, lime juice and fish or soy sauce in a non-metallic bowl. Cut the pork into about 2.5cm/1in cubes and stir into the sauce. Leave to marinate in the fridge overnight or for about 2 hours at room temperature, stirring every so often.
- To make up the kebabs, thread pieces of pork on to six long metal skewers, alternating with red onion and lime wedges until all have been used up.
- Place the kebabs over medium-hot coals for about 10 minutes, brushing generously with any marinade for the first 5 minutes, and turning every so often until golden and succulent.