- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 45ml white rum
- 125ml soda water
Prep: 10 minutes
* 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 5 tbsp butter, melted
* For the filling:
* 15 key limes or 6 limes
* one 14oz (400g) can condensed milk
* 4 large egg yolks
* ¾ cup heavy cream
* 2 tbsp icing sugar
* ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). To make the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl until combined. Press firmly and evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9in (23cm) tart pan with a removable bottom. Place on a baking sheet and bake until the crust looks set, about 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, grate the zest of 6 key limes (or 2 limes) in a bowl. Juice 14 key limes (or 5 limes). You should have ½ cup lime juice.
3. Add the condensed milk, yolks, and lime juice to the bowl and whisk well. Pour the filling into the crust. Return to the oven and continue baking 15–20 minutes, or until the filling is set.
4. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Whip the cream, icing sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spread over the cooled pie. Thinly slice the reserved lime and use to garnish the pie. Remove the sides of the pan, slice, and serve.
o Assorted sorbets (we used lemon, coconut, peach and hibiscus)
o Chilled champagne or sparkling wine
1. Place 6 martini or wine glasses in freezer for 30 minutes or until very cold.
2. Fill chilled glasses with 5 or 6 mini-scoops of assorted sorbets, then top each with champagne.
Note: For non-alcoholic version use sparkling grape juice instead of champagne.Read More